Currently… {August 2017}

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing through these links helps support this website at no extra cost to you.

LIKE I Am Teacher Fit on Facebook
Currently

Today, I have a little life update by way of what I’m currently snacking (on), anticipating, borrowing, admiring, and purchasing.

Snacking (on)… Apples and peanut butter — always. This is my absolute favorite snack. Most of the time I just slice up the apple and dip them into the peanut butter. Sometimes I chop the apple and drizzle melted peanut butter over the top and add chocolate chips. Oh.My.Yum.

Last Week's Workouts

Anticipating… The return of all my favorite television shows. I’m a bit of television junkie, though I’ve gotten much better in the last couple of years. As silly as it is, one of my favorite things about fall and a new school year is that it also brings new seasons of television shows! Once Upon a Time, Grey’s Anatomy, The Originals? Yes, please!

Related: Currently… {July 2017}

Borrowing… Time! I’m less than a week away from reporting for duty for the 2017-2018 school year, and two weeks away from the first day. It’s a bittersweet feeling. I’m both excited and disappointed at the same time.

Admiring… Those people who {seem to} have it all together. Lately, I’ve been STRUGGLING. Probably because I’ve been in the purgatory between summer vacation and school starting. I need to step back, take a deep breath and do the best I can.

Related: Teacher Off Duty: Summer Reading List

Purchasing… Fitness gear (duh). I feel like one of the cool kids now because I made my first ever #NSale purchase. Actually, it was first Nordstrom purchase PERIOD. I told myself if I was going to buy something, it had to be something I needed. Who doesn’t need more sports bras? Never mind that I also bought a watch. (It was this one if you’re curious!) Both items arrived yesterday and while I love the watch, the bra isn’t quite what I thought it would be. I’m thinking I might send it back.

Question: What are you snacking (on) right now?

I’m linking up today with Anne and her co-host Shea of Shea Lennon. Be sure to stop by and check out what everyone else is “currently” up to!

SaveSave

Comments

1. says

Apples & peanut butter every single day! Soak up these last few days of your break! I was a school teacher for five years and don’t miss that pit I got in the stomach before having to go back! I did love it at the time but I also dreaded it so intensely. WOo hoo on new fitness wear. Always a fun purchase! xo

2. says

Oh man, I was putting away my (clean) sports bras yesterday and noticed the elastic was going in my favourite one. I was sad for a split second and then remembered that would mean I could buy a new one and spent the evening dreaming of what outrageous colours and patterns I could buy! Too bad yours isn’t love, fun sports bras are my main motivation for working out!

3. says

Ooh I love apples with peanut butter but I’ve never thought of chopping up the apples and using melted peanut butter + chocolate chips. Yum! Also, I SO do not have it together. I also admire those who do 🙂

4. says

Good stuff! I’m going to have the try the melted peanut butter and chocolate chip technique because that looks fantastic. Enjoy your last couple of weeks before school starts back up! 🙂

5. says

I have a peanut butter and treat nut allergy and finally came across from sunflower seed butter that has none of those things. Now I finally understand the obsession with nut and peanut butter.

6. says

I love apples + peanut butter too, but this version looks even better! And I rarely let myself buy Nutella, but that’s really the best on apples 🙂 My Nordstrom sale shopping was kind of similar – a strapless bra. Not super exciting, but necessary! Though annoying when it doesn’t quite work out.

7. says

I used to eat apples & peanut butter all the time and seeing that picture makes me want to eat it now! Sports bras are always a necessity, haha. I try to not look at Nordstrom because I want so much stuff! Thankfully a lot of the things i wanted have sold out so I’m taking it as a sign!

8. says

Ok, so it is normal to dread an upcoming school year! I am not looking forward to returning back to work tomorrow, but I’m going to make the most of it. We have a lot of changes going on and many people are not happy. Praying everyday for strength and patience. Hoping your school year goes well. After reading your snacking on…I jumped up and got an apple with peanut butter. 🙂